July 24, 2011
It's so hot and every one is just too grumpy! Here's our Grasshopper Green Tea Teenie Recipe. For the WOW factor - just add some organic MATCHA, it kicks up the green color naturally!
The key is using excellent grades of Sencha & Matcha Teas
Good quality organic Sencha has both a lemoney, fresh as well as a brothy flavor. Little Green World's Organic Matcha gives another depth and level of flavor. Both teas are frothy and delicious when combined with alcohol. Your Tea Martini will have striking green presentation without any artificial anything.
Shochu is the perfect compliment
Shochu is a popular Japanese liquor. It has a flavor similiar to a fine Vodka, but it is a bit smoother and sweeter with not as much of a alcohol "bite." This is the perfect compliment to the fresh, lemony flavor of Sencha.
What you will need
- 4 oz brewed and cooled organic Sencha tea (For purchase go to littlegreenworld.com)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Matcha - great taste while adding bright green color to the drink base
- 2 oz Shochu (or organic RAIN Vodka)
- ½ oz agave or some local honey
- Cocktail Shaker (or a glass with a lid)
- Martini glass
- Pack the cocktail shaker with ice
- Add the Schochu, Sencha, Matcha and sweetner
- Shake until it becomes frothy
- Serve in a Martini Glass
Respite from the heat!
To beat the heat and the dog days of summer chill with our special cocktail. . When you combine the smooth vodka with the rich, lemony Teas you get a cocktail that is truly magnificent. And to top it off, it looks so good that your friends will line up to drink them! They may be green with envy...